Monday, January 12, 2009

WARNING! DANGER!.... Fraud?

According to my bank I've been spending some time, and money... scratch that. According to my bank I've been spending a lot of time and a lot of money in (drumroll) ROMANIA! Thought I was going to say Italy? Well either I've been making a lot of unconscious trips to Bucharest, or I've been another statistic in the growing credit card fraud epidemic. As the first one seems a little unlikely (although Romania sounds like it is beautiful and I'd like to go there) I'm going to go with the later. Seems like sometime while using my card somehow someone got my information. I'm not to happy about the whole situation. I spent my hours this summer serving endless lines of usually grumpy, un-caffeinated people (if you are a happy coffee customer than I send you a big pat on the back and a double thumbs up) to pay for some thief's nasty spending habit I know I'm not the first person to get a reality check like this one. So basically no need to say an exact amount, but it was a lot. But looking for the silver lining on this one, at least I'll be more diligent in future, and my mom isn't worried that her daughter has a serious spending issue. I'm really grateful that I have my parents backing me up on this one, working hard to try and get it back, and telling me that crap like this happens. Lucky we caught it now and not later. So with this blog I just wanted to let you all know that things like this happen, so beware! I sincerely hope that it doesn't happen again, but next time I guess I'll know what to be looking for. 

No comments: